What we do...
- We rescue and adopt out cats from local shelters. We maintain a network of foster homes for cats and provide them with vet care, have them spayed or neutered and partner with Petsense of Fort Oglethorpe to place them for adoption.
- We help transfer dogs from shelters to groups that can find homes for them. When possible, we place dogs in foster homes and place them for adoption locally. We pay for vetting and transport fees for dogs we send to other rescues.
- We promote the efforts of north Georgia shelters to find homes for the animals that end up in the shelters. (See cats and dogs above and to the left.)
- We help community cats through trap/neuter/vaccinate/return and monitored feeding programs. This also helps local shelters by reducing the number of cats that end up at them. It cuts costs for local government and makes for a more humane community.
- We help with spay/neuter costs for those who are struggling financially.
- We help with vet care as our resources allow for those struggling financially.
- We help people find their lost pets by posting pictures on our Facebook page, which has over 13,700 followers.
- We operate a Help Line - 706-937-2287 - that receives thousands of calls a year.
- We help people who can no longer keep their pets due to moving, illness and other reasons.
- We work to educate the public about the importance of spaying and neutering and about best practices in dealing with stray and feral cats.