Some NGAA kitties who found forever love...
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Does it cost anything to adopt a cat or kitten?
A. Yes. There is an adoption fee of around $65. That helps us make sure people are serious and committed to adopting and also helps cover the cost of vet care (all our cats are spayed or neutered and have some of their shots before adoption). We sometimes run specials. Follow us on Facebook to learn about specials.
Q. How soon can I get my new cat or kitten?
A. If you've turned your adoption application in at Fort O Petsense, they can look it over while you wait. If they see no problems and the cat you want is in the store you'll be able to adopt immediately. If the cat is in one of our foster homes, we'll make arrangements to meet you with it.
Q. Why do I have to sign a contract?
A. We assume a long-term commitment to animals we rescue. Your contract will include things like what to do if you can no longer care for your cat (return it to us) and certain standards of care you agree to.
How to Adopt Cats and Kittens
COVID-19 Alert: As you may have guessed, adoptions at this time must be done by looking at our animals online and contacting us. We have no cats at Petsense at this time of social distancing. But we still have lots of furries looking for homes! Check out Petfinder to see who is looking for a forever family!!
1. You can see our cats and kittens 3 different ways:
- Go to Petsense of Fort Oglethorpe where there are usually 15-20 cats that need homes. This option on hold due to COVID-19.
- Follow us on Facebook where we post pictures of the cats we have for adoption.
- Check Petfinder.com where we list and picture our cats.
2039 Battlefield Pkwy
Next to Dollar Tree/Michaels/Aldi
Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742
2. Fill out an adoption application online or print one to fill out and send by email or mail (email@example.com or PO Box 5484 Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742).
3. Once your application is approved, you'll have to sign an adoption contract and you'll be able to get your new cat or kitten.
How to prepare your home for your new kitty.
Cats, Kittens and Children
We also do monthly adoption events at Petsense in Fort Oglethorpe. Follow us on Facebook to learn more.
More happy adoption pictures here.