Volunteer/Help (We need you!)
We help over 1000 animals a year (and growing), field 1000s of phone calls, conduct many fundraisers, and the list goes on. Facebook Here are some of our most pressing needs:
- Donations to cover vet care, medicines, food, equipment, cleaning supplies, litter, etc. You can donate via PayPal (to the right) or you can mail a donation to: North GA Animal Alliance, PO Box 5484, Fort Oglethorpe, GA, 30742. Thank you! Donations of money and supplies are tax-deductible.
- People to clean out cages at Petsense in Fort Oglethorpe and give the cats awaiting adoption some loving attention. You could do this one day a week or more often. Great opportunity for teens, active retired person. We will train you. Must be dependable!
- Foster homes for cats and dogs. This is a bigger commitment. We provide training, supplies, food, etc. It helps if fosters can take animals for vet visits when necessary (usually just once during foster care). If you have room in your heart and home to offer temporary care for animals awaiting adoption, please give us a call.
- Cat foster coordinator. This person would recruit foster families for cats, inspect prospective homes, see to the paperwork involved, train the foster families, and act as a non-emergency contact for foster families.
- Dog transport coordinator. This person would network with fosters, other rescues and transporters to arrange pickup times and places to send dogs to other rescues, make sure all the paperwork is in order and be at transport loading spots to oversee and help with transfer of dogs.
- We always need people to help with fundraisers. We do a huge yard sale every year and can use help finding and collecting donations for it. If you're a fundraiser type, love animals, and are looking to make a difference in your community, we would appreciate your help!
- Spread the word! This is a huge help to us - share our web site and Facebook page with others. Recruit your friends to follow us on Facebook (the more people we have, the better chance of finding homes for dogs and cats and puppies and kittens). Thank you for caring and helping!
Supplies We Always Need
(See drop-off locations below or call us and we'll pick up donations)
(we've been buying
Scoop Away from Costco)
Dry Kitten Food
Dry Cat Food
2039 Battlefield Pkwy
By Dollar Tree/Michaels/Aldi
Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742
M-Sat: 9 AM-9 PM Sun: 10 AM-7 PM
K-9 Tub Time/Ringgold
7675 Nashville St.
Across from Courthouse
Ringgold, GA 30736
Tues-Sat: 10 AM-6 PM
Papa John's Pizza
1537 Battlefield Pkwy
Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742
3255 Chattanooga Valley Rd.
Flintstone, GA 30725
M-F: 9 AM-6 PM, Sat: 9 AM-1 PM